Lip enhancement, or lip augmentation, is a non-surgical cosmetic treatment provided by Karen Burgess BSc (hons) at Skin Solutions Clinic for both men and women whereby the lips are injected with dermal fillers to subtly enhance the fullness and definition of the lips. The desired effect of lip injections should always be natural, subtle and not at all obvious that you have ever had any lip enhancement treatment.
We can be born with thinner lips, asymmetrical lips or, due to age, lips become thinner over time and this is particularly noticeable when we smile. Thinner lips are one of the contributing factors to an older looking face and adding a subtle plumping to the lips with lip injections of dermal fillers reverses this to give a more youthful appearance.
Lip enhancement involves multiple techniques employing dermal fillers to enhance the different areas of the lips. Strategic placement by filler injections in the following areas creates many benefits. It can be used as a targeted treatment to a specific area of the lips or provide overall lip enhancement. Karen Burgess BSc (hons) is an experienced specialist providing lip enhancement treatments in the following areas.
- Vermilion border: The lip outline creates definition and width. This also improves lipstick bleeding lines.
- Tubercle: This is the fleshy part of the upper and lower lip. Lip enhancement can add volume, pout and sensuousness.
- Cupids bow: Subtly altering the centre of the top lip will create definition.
- Oral commissures: These are the lines going down from the sides of the mouth. Have lip filler treatment here for a younger and happier look.
- Marionette lines: These are the small creases, which run from corners of lips downwards. Lip fillers can create a lifting effect.
- Philtrum: These are the ridges from the upper lip to the nose. They create definition.
- Perioral lines: These fine vertical lines on the upper lip are often due to smoking. They can be reduced.
High quality lip augmentation, or lip enhancement, should not be noticed, it should subtly enhance the fullness and definition of the lips.
BEFORE & AFTERS
When will I see results?
The results from lip injections are instant, although given the sensitivity of lips, you may experience some temporary swelling.
How long will it last?
Lip enhancement will last from 6-12 months.
Is it painful?
Methods of anaesthesia such as an ice pack, numbing cream and dental nerve block will be used to relieve any pain associated with lip injections.
It is advised to avoid touching the lips or wearing makeup on the treated area for up to 6 hours.
It depends on the amount of swelling. Each person is different.
- How much does lip enhancement cost?